Registration for the 2014 ASF National Walk is now open! Mark your calendars for Saturday, May 17, 2014* to join more than 10,000 individuals as they fundraise and hit the pavement during the 2014 ASF National Walk!
There are several new and exciting developments for the 2014 National Walk created to increase support for the growing AS community and enhance the Walk experience for families:
The National Walk is a crucial fundraising event that empowers you to help the ASF meet the immediate and future needs of the AS community:
The ASF is thrilled to welcome Indianapolis, IN and Huntsville, AL as new Walk sites! This year, a total of 30 cities will host Walks.
To support the growing number of families with a loved one diagnosed with AS by helping the 2014 National Walk reach its $1.2 million
fundraising goal, the ASF introduced a $25 minimum fundraising goal for each 2014 National Walk participant. Walkers can register online first and then begin raising funds to achieve the $25 per participant fundraising goal.
A few additional details include:
• Each Walker who registers online and achieves the $25 fundraising goal by April 17th will receive the ASF National Walk t-shirt and goody bag.
• Those who do not register online by April 17th, or who do not achieve the $25 fundraising goal by April 17th, are welcome and encouraged to walk, but will not receive the ASF National Walk t-shirt and goody bag.
• Individuals with AS, children 11-years-old and under, and volunteers who register online by April 17th will receive the ASF National Walk
t-shirt and goody bag regardless of whether or not they achieve the $25 minimum fundraising goal.
To encourage Walkers to fundraise and help achieve the 2014 National Walk fundraising goal, fundraising incentive prizes will be awarded to
individuals based on the total amount raised online by a participant by June 17, 2014. Participants who raise funds online will receive one (1) prize from the category of their highest amount raised; prizes are not cumulative. The following incentives and their prizes are awarded to individuals, not teams, for their individual amount raised online.
The fundraising amounts and incentives include:
• $250 will receive ASF earbuds
• $500 will receive ASF hat
• $1,000 will receive ASF sweatshirt
• $2,500 will receive ASF umbrella
• $5,000 will receive ASF blanket
The team fundraising incentive will recognize the top five teams that raise the most money online by April 1, 2014. These teams will be recognized in an upcoming issue of Angelman Today and on the ASF’s social media channels.
A variety of tools and resources to help Walkers raise funds are available this year. Once Walkers register online, they will have access to the following items through their personal fundraising pages:
• A guide explaining how to navigate and utilize personal fundraising pages
• Fundraising communication templates including letters, emails and social media posts
• Ideas and tips to help participants raise funds leading up to the Walk
• A guide providing tips on maximizing social media to raise funds and build awareness
The 2014 National Walk will feature vendors that provide resources or support items specifically designed for individuals with AS. Vendor
examples include government entities, community organizations, product manufacturers, topical subject matter experts, and a variety of
professionals who are familiar with the needs of individuals with AS. If you have a suggested vendor who you feel should participate at your Walk site, contact your local Walk site coordinator.
Funds raised from the Angelman Syndrome Foundation National Walk support research, educational and informational opportunities,
and support programs and services that enhance the quality of life for individuals with Angelman syndrome and their families.
Looking for an individual or team participating in an event?