The most frequent requests for guidance and assistance from families of individuals with Angelman syndrome are related to behaviors. You are not alone!
The Angelman Syndrome Behaviors Informational Series is available to help those who care for or work with individuals with AS explore the possible root causes of challenging and aggressive behaviors and identify possible solutions.
Using text and corresponding videos that feature world-renowned experts on Angelman syndrome, the Angelman Syndrome Behaviors informational series is made up of interactive modules. Each module addresses a particular aspect of behavior including:
1. Social and Environmental Influences on Aggressive Behavior
2. Mental Health Influences on Aggressive Behavior
3. Cognitive Issues and Sensory Impairments
4. Neurologic and Medical Influences on Aggressive Behavior
5. Social and Environmental Influences on Aggressive Behavior
1. Go to www.angelmanbehaviors.org
2. Complete a short profile
3. Access each segment or module individually and explore its contents
This project was funded by the Canadian Angelman Syndrome Society (CASS) and the Angelman Syndrome Foundation (ASF), and developed by the ASF. CASS and ASF welcome any feedback from users regarding your experience in using the series. Contact the ASF at 800-432-6435, or contact CASS at 403-931-2415.
The series is not intended to replace efforts already in progress with doctors and/or therapists; rather, the series provides supplementary information to these efforts to further assist with understanding the complex factors that result in these behaviors.